Monday 30 November 2009

Team Trials

Friday morning I travelled down to Liverpool for the British Team trials. We stayed the night in a hotel, woke up at about 7 o'clock looking forward to the breakfast to find it does not open until 8 (girr!). I got to the wall at 8 o'clock, really psyched for the comp I got my number and looked at my routes, My first route did not look too bad but my second qualifier looked really hard. After about one hour of warming up I got on my first route, I really liked it it was not too hard about 6c/ 6c+, But my second was really hard, about 3 clips up the wall there was three slopers that were close together, you had to rock over onto the first one then get your hands sorted then go out to a small crimp out left, that was probably the best move in the comp!! then I managed to climb up to the second last clip, I climbed passed it first then had to climb down the hard move then clip it (that got me really pumped) then finally only managed to touch the next hold. I was told after the route was graded 7c! After attempting the two qualifying routes I was in 2nd place going into the final.
I went into isolation at 4 o'clock then came out to read the route around 5, My final route was on the massive overhanging wall, After reading the route I went back into isolation for another hour, then was really psyched for the final. I came out and started to climb my route, I managed to get just off half way up the route then I should have moved my foot up and caught the under cut, but I didn't move my foot up then I popped off!
I finished 5th over all, and had a really good day :)

No comments: