Monday 19 January 2009

Ice Climbing World Cup

Last weekend was the first round of the Ice Climbing World Cup 2009 in Val Daone, Italy.

On Saturday I had to get up at 7.00am for the briefing of the comp. The Isolation started at 8.30am so I went in With Andy Turner and Rob Gibson into isolation. I was in Isolation for about 45 min before I got called out to climb.

This year I managed to reach the starting hold easier!!.






I managed to get about 4 metres up the wall before I fell off. The moves were really far apart from each other, the move that knocked me off was about a metre away on a really sketchy hold. I was really happy because I set my self a target to try and get better than last year. And I achieved it!! came 27th out of 31.

Rob Gibson on his qualifying route.

Andy Turner starting his route.


All the other results can be found Here.

1 comment:

treeman said...

Cool climbing dude!